Party Appetizer Vegetables
|Broccoli||2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Frozen artichoke hearts package||18 Ounce (2 Packages, 9 Ounces Each)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Diced pimiento||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the broccoli flowerets from stems and if you wish save the stems to cook for another meal
2. Halve the large flowerets trimming green leafy stems from cauliflower.
3. Split the cauliflower into flowerets and halve any large ones.
4. In separate large saucepans cook both vegetables covered in boiling salted water for 8 minutes such that crisply tender, drain and keep aside.
5. As per label directions cook artichoke hearts, drain and keep all hot.
6. in a small frying pan saute onion in butter or margarine for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
7. Stir in salt, paprika and lemon juice and keep aside.
8. To serve arrange artichoke hearts on the either ends of a large chafing dish or keep-hot server with the broccoli and cauli-flowerets in center.
9. Drizzle lemon butter over all and sprinkle with pimiento.