Carrot and Date Granola Bars
|Pitted dates||5 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin seeds||3 Tablespoon (Pepitas)|
|Grated carrots||6 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain oats||6 Tablespoon|
|Wheat bran||3 Tablespoon|
Grate up the carrot.
2. In a food processor / magic bullet, lightly grind up the dates, oats and the walnuts and cashews/almonds. Don’t over-process as you want to keep some of the crunchiness from the nuts and chewiness from the oats.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, add in the grated carrot, the dates, nuts, oats, wheat bran, the pumpkin seeds and the cinnamon.
4. Mix together well. If you find that there isn’t enough sticky-substances in the mixture to fully combine everything together, blend up a few more pitted dates and add it into the mixture. (Using your hands to mix everything works better than using a spoon.)
5. When you are able to form a solid ball with the mixture, then you have the right consistency. Place ball onto a cutting board, and flatten it with your hand. Then use a rolling pin to flatten it out, as thick or thin as you want your bars to be.
6. Cut off the uneven edges of the mixture and put them aside to use after. Cut your granola bars and place then on a parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
Preheat oven to 325F
7. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Once you remove them from the oven, leave them to cool for a few minutes. They will harden as they cool down.
This video is a creation of Calm Mind Busy Body. You can visit Calm Mind Busy Body for complete recipes, and more videos.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1247 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.3%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 75.1 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.5%
Dietary Fiber 40.5 g161.9%
Sugars 56.3 g
Protein 42 g83.4%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 14% Iron 55.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet