Healthy Sweet Potato Pudding
|Mashed sweet potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Canned / Fresh)|
|Evaporated skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Rum/Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||1|
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) Beat egg whites until they reach a stiff peak stage.
3) Take a large mixing bowl and mix eggs with the mashed sweet potatoes, evaporated skim milk, brown sugar, margarine, rum, and spices in it, beating well.
4) Carefully mix in beaten egg whites using a large metal spoon.
5) Take a 1-quart casserole or souffle dish; lightly grease it with vegetable oil spray or vegetable oil and then place the mixture on it.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until golden.
7) Serve hot in the casserole with custard sauce or low-fat ice cream if desired.