Spinach Cheese Moulds
|Fresh spinach leaves||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Skimmed milk soft cheese||10 1⁄2 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Fresh parsley sprig||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Tarragon sprig||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chives sprig||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Trim the stalks from the spinach leaves. Rinse the leaves under running water. Pack the leaves into a saucepan while still wet, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted - they will cook in the steam from the wet leaves (do not overcook). Drain well and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Base-line 4 small pudding basins or individual ramekin dishes with baking parchment. Line the basins or ramekins with spinach leaves so that the leaves overhang the edges if they are large enough to do so.
3. Place the cheese in a bowl and add the garlic and herbs. Mix together thoroughly and season to taste.
4. Spoon the cheese and herb mixture into the basins or ramekins and pull over the overlapping spinach to cover the cheese, or lay extra leaves to cover the top. Place a greaseproof (waxed) paper circle on top of each dish and weigh down with a 100 g/3 1/2 oz weight. Leave to chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Remove the weights and peel off the paper. Loosen the moulds (molds) gently by running a small palette knife (spatula) around the edges of each dish and turn them out on to individual serving plates. Serve with a mixture of salad leaves and fresh herbs, and warm pitta bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 881 Calories from Fat 481
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.3%
Saturated Fat 32.8 g164.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg62.5%
Sodium 2271.3 mg94.6%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 79 g158.4%
Vitamin A 246.9% Vitamin C 81.8%
Calcium 179.4% Iron 39.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet