Baked Potatoes with Ham
|Idaho potatoes||2 Large|
|Cooked diced ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hickory smoked salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. Wash scrub and clean the potatoes.
3. Prick the potatoes with a fork, stabbing into the flesh.
4. Rub a little oil and salt on the potatoes
5. Place potatoes on a rack over a roasting pan and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the skin are puffed up, golden-brown and crispy, and the potato is soft on the inside.
6. Remove and let cool until easy to handle.
7. To open a baked potato, take your fork and stab a dotted line half way around a potato, then using your thumb and index finger squeeze at both ends of the line to split into half
8. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
9. Place bowl over a double boiler.
10. Add ham, sauce, paprika, and seasonings to the potato flesh.
11. Blend well using a wooden spoon.
12. Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells.
13. Place the potatoes under a broiler to brown just before serving.
14. Serve the potatoes with steaks, grills or roasts.
15. Dollop with a little butter if you wish.
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.8 mg11.3%
Sodium 186.4 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet