Braised Five Vegetables
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken||6 Ounce, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (175 Gram)|
|For braising sauce|
|Konnyaku||10 Ounce, boiled for 3 minutes and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (Use 1 Block)|
|Lotus root||1 Medium, cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths and soaked in water for 5 minutes|
|Burdock root||1 Medium, scrubbed, sliced diagonally, soaked in water, then boiled for 5 minutes|
|Dried shiitake mushrooms||4 , soaked for 30 minutes and sliced into halves|
|For simmering sauce|
|Dashi broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Medium, sliced in thin rounds|
|Snow peas||8 , boiled|
1) In a skillet, braise the chiken in soy sauce and sugar for 2 min and keep aside.
2) In a large pot, saute the konnayaku, lotus root, burdock root and shiitake mushrooms, in oil for 1/2-1 min; add the ingredients for simmering sauce and allow to boil.
3) Stir in the chicken and simmer for 10 min over low heat; add the carrots simmer further for 5 min.
4) Lastly stir in the mirin for glaze when the chicken all the vegetables are coated well in the simmering sauce.
5) Garnish with snow peas and serve immediately.