Cartwheels With Mixed Vegetables
|Ripe tomato/7 cherry tomatoes||1 Large|
|Cartwheels/Pasta shells||1 Pound|
|Light cream/Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a kettle or stockpot, heat water with 1 tablespoon of salt for the pasta.
2) Clean the leeks properly by separating the segments to wash out all the grit and sand. Chop both the green and white parts finely and discard the tough ends.
3) In a skillet, melt the butter and add the chopped leeks. Sate over medium flame for nearly 10 minutes, frequently stirring.
4) Scrub the zucchini and slice it. Wipe the mushrooms and cut into slices and chop the tomatoes after washing them.
5) To boiling water, add the pasta and cook till it is tender. This generally takes about 15 minutes.
6) Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini to the leeks. Stir fry over high flame till the zucchini has tendered without losing its color.
7) Add in 1 cup of cream, salt and pepper to taste and ½ cup of grated cheese. Allow the mixture to just reach the boiling point and turn off the heat.
8) When the pasta has just turned tender, drain it in colander and put it back in the stockpot.
9) Pour half of the sauce all over the pasta and stir properly. Cover and keep aside till required.
10) Before serving, add the remaining sauce to the pasta. Toss well. Heat for some time over high flame, stirring all the time. Serve hot with remaining grated cheese.
If the pasta absorbs too much sauce, add the remaining ½ cup of cream.