Rotini With Summer Vegetables
|Rotini pasta||12 Ounce|
|Broccoli florets||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||3 , cut into 1 inch squares|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Shredded asiago cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Plum tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped seeded peeled|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chardonnay/Other dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Follow package instructions to cook pasta.
2) Drain well when done and then transfer to a large bowl.
3) In the meantime, in a large microwavable baking dish, mix broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, water and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
4) Cook the mixture in the microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes until hot, covering the dish loosely.
5) Add in mushrooms, mixing well and again microwave for 3 minutes, covering.
6) Leave aside covered for 5 minutes.
7) To the cooked pasta, add the heated vegetables and stir to combine.
8) Take 2 microwavable baking dishes and divide the mixture between them and top each with cheeses.
9) Microwave each baking dish for 4 to 5 minutes at MEDIUM-HIGH (80%) until heated well.
10) In the meantime, in a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and sauté garlic and remaining 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes for 1 minute, for the sauce.
11) Stir in tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
12) Mix in basil and wine and boil for 5 minutes.
13) Serve the cooked pasta mixture with sauce.
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.1 mg9.7%
Sodium 380.1 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 24 g47%
Vitamin A 323.1% Vitamin C 304.3%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet