Orange Sherried Sweet Potatoes
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, freshly grated|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Boil potatoes with their skins until they turn soft. This may take about 30-40 minutes. To save time, prick potatoes with fork and microwave them until they become soft.
3. Drain, cool for some time and remove the skin.
4. Mash the warm potatoes along with butter, orange, orange juice, sugar, grated nutmeg, grated pepper, and sherry.
5. Reheat it over medium heat in a saucepan or refrigerate it until an hour before serving.
6. Heat it in oven for about 25 minutes, until it becomes hot.
7. Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1538 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 1248.2 mg52%
Total Carbohydrates 313 g104.5%
Dietary Fiber 38.2 g153%
Sugars 110.8 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 3425.8% Vitamin C 185.7%
Calcium 41.1% Iron 44.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet