Creamy Vegetable Pasanda
|Aubergine||250 Gram, halved (Baby Aubergine)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Mild chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom pods||8 , lightly crushed|
|Double cream||450 Milliliter|
|Vegetable stock||300 Milliliter|
|Potatoes||450 Gram, cut into 4 cm chunks|
|Cauliflower florets||200 Gram|
|Fine green beans||140 Gram, trimmed|
|Broccoli florets||140 Gram|
|Courgettes||2 , cut into thick slices|
|Ground almonds||100 Gram|
|Spinach leaves||85 Gram (Young Variety)|
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
2. Add the aubergines and sauté for 5-8 minutes until golden brown.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove onto a plate and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil
5. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
6. Tip in the spices and sauté for a few minutes.
7. Stir in the cream and stock and throw in the bay leaves.
8. Bring to a gentle boil.
9. Cover the pan and reduce the flame.
10. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
11. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook potatoes for 10 minutes.
12. Add the cauliflower and beans and boil with the potatoes for 2 minutes.
13. Then add broccoli and courgettes and boil until just tender.
14. Drain and refresh and keep aside.
15. When gravy is thick stir in the almonds.
16. Add fried aubergine vegetables and spinach and simmer for a few minutes.
17. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
18. Dish out into a tureen or casserole.
19. Garnish with a little cream
20. Serve with Indian bread or with pulao.