Sweet Potato Bake
|Canned sweet potatoes/Yams||32 Ounce, drained (2 Can Of 16 Ounce Each)|
|Onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Lightly grease a 1 ½ quart shallow baking dish or casserole with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, use a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon to mash the potatoes or yams.
4. Add the other ingredients to the mashed and mix to blend well.
5. Empty the contents of the bowl into the greased baking dish.
6. Sprinkle flaked coconut on the top, if desired.
7. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake the potato mash for 30 minutes or until well heated.
8. Serve the mash as a side dish, with your roasts or grilled meats.