Spiced Potato And Cauliflower
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Gram)|
|Oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Ground cumin||10 Gram (2 Teaspoon)|
|Finely chopped onion||15 Gram (1 Tablespoon)|
|Cardamom pods||4 (Use The Cardamom Seeds)|
|Poppy seeds||15 Gram (1 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (Lots Of Required)|
1) Wash and peel potatoes. Cut them into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces.
2) Transfer the potatoes to hot water boiled with lots of salt. Boil for about 5 minutes till parboiled. Drain the water and keep potatoes aside.
3) With a sharp knife, cut cauliflower into small florets. Soak it in cold water and keep aside for half an hour.
4) In a large frying pan, heat oil and fry the cumin for 3- 4 seconds. After cumin splutters, add onion and cardamom seeds. Fry for a minute.
5) Transfer potatoes and cauliflower to the pan. Mix the vegetables with the fried spices.
6) Simmer and cover the pan. Cook for about 12-15 minutes stirring in between. Cook till the potatoes are soft but the cauliflower still crunchy.
7) Add poppy seeds and season to taste.
8) Serve hot with rice or roti.