Eggplant With Stuffing
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Ground pork||1 Pound (or beef)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Wash, cut, lengthwise, eggplants into half and remove the insides, leaving the 1 inch thick shell.
2. Make medium size chunks of the eggplant pulp.
3. Take a casserole, stir in butter and onion and crumbled beef, cover and cook for 5 minutes and drain fat.
4. Dissolve bouillon cube in about ½ cup of hot water and add to the cooked beef with chopped eggplant and 3 tbsp tomato sauce.
5. Cover and cook, stirring intermittently, for about 5 minutes.
6. Prepare a mixture of pepper, parsley, oregano and salt and stuff the eggplants.
7. Top bread crumbs and reserved tomato sauce.
8. Take a glass dish, arrange the eggplant and cook, without covering, for about 8 minutes.
9. Serve hot.