1. Wash potatoes well in cold water.
2. Trim eyes and bruised parts.
3. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add salt.
4. Cover pan with lid and place on a medium low flame.
5. Boil potatoes for 35 to 40 minutes until tender but not mushy.
6. Drain in a colander.
7. Serve potatoes in their skins or peel.
8. Dollop generous amount of butter over them
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
10. Tastes best when served warm.
Sweet potatoes have a tendency to get mushy and over cooked so keep a check during the last 5-10 minutes of boiling. Remove them slightly tender-crisp and allow them to cook in their own steam.