Boiled Sweet Potatoes Or Yams
|Sweet potatoes/Yams||4 Medium|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash potatoes well in cold water.
2. Trim eyes and bruised parts.
3. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add salt.
4. Cover pan with lid and place on a medium low flame.
5. Boil potatoes for 35 to 40 minutes until tender but not mushy.
6. Drain in a colander.
7. Serve potatoes in their skins or peel.
8. Dollop generous amount of butter over them
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
10. Tastes best when served warm.
Sweet potatoes have a tendency to get mushy and over cooked so keep a check during the last 5-10 minutes of boiling. Remove them slightly tender-crisp and allow them to cook in their own steam.
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.08 g0.12%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 573 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 425.6% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet