Apples And Sweet Potatoes Flambe
|Sweet potatoes||6 Medium|
|Firm cooking apple||1 Large|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl of boiling salted water and cook the unpeeled sweet potatoes in it for half an hour just prior to chafing.
2) Peel and cut into ½ inch sized slices.
3) Remove the cores from apples and slice them into ½ inch sized pieces without paring them.
4) Heat the Applejack.
5) Take a blazer pan and melt butter in it.
6) Add the potatoes and sauté them until they turn brown.
7) Sprinkle the potatoes with 4 tablespoons brown sugar.
8) Turn them so that the melted sugar gets coated evenly and cook until they become glazed.
9) Push the potato slices to the periphery of the pan and fry the apple slices in the center.
10) Continue frying until the apple rings become soft and evenly browned on both the sides.
11) Place the potatoes over the apple slices.
12) Fire the applejack and pour it in.
13) Extinguish the flames before serving.