Date And Carrot Cake
|Carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs), grated|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Melted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
1) Set your oven to preheat at 325°.
2) Prepare the carrots by grating and dates by chopping.
3) In a bowl, combine honey, butter and vanilla. Beat well to prepare a creamy mixture.
4) Pour in yogurt and stir well.
5) Add the dry ingredients by sifting into the bowl. Mix well and add carrots and dates to stir gently. Do not overbeat the mixture.
6) Use a 9 inches cake pan to grease well with butter or oil. Pour the mixture into this pan.
7) Place the pan inside preheated oven and bake for at least 45 minutes or until the cake becomes golden brown.
8) Serve the cake by topping with cream cheese icing. You can also spread chopped walnuts on top.