Old South Carrot Cake
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream cheese frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Deluxe)|
1. Mix together all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
2. In a separate bowl, blend eggs and oil and with a spoon put dry mixture and carrots.
3. Take 3, 9 inch cake pans, pour the batter in it and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Do the cake test to check the doneness of the cake.
5. Once the cake settles at room temperature, apply the deluxe cream cheese frosting on the top and sides of the cake.
6. Serve the cake with tea or coffee.
Calories 1413 Calories from Fat 538
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.5%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 482.7 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 207 g68.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 151.6 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet