|Parsnips||1 Pound, prepared for cooking|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, cover parsnips with water.
2. Place pan on a medium flame and bring water to a boil.
3. Cover pan with a lid and simmer the parsnips for 30-35 minutes until fork tender.
4. Drain into a colander and allow cooling until easy to handle.
5. Slice thinly or cut into dices and add to the pan.
6. Add butter to the parsnips and toss over a low flame.
7. Season them with salt and pepper according to taste and toss to coat the parsnips well.
8. Serve the buttered parsnips warm.
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 502.5 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet