|Parsnips||1 Pound, prepared for cooking|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, cover parsnips with water.
2. Place pan on a medium flame and bring water to a boil.
3. Cover pan with a lid and simmer the parsnips for 30-35 minutes until fork tender.
4. Drain into a colander and allow cooling until easy to handle.
5. Slice thinly or cut into dices and add to the pan.
6. Add butter to the parsnips and toss over a low flame.
7. Season them with salt and pepper according to taste and toss to coat the parsnips well.
8. Serve the buttered parsnips warm.