Leeks In Red Wine
|Leeks||8 Small, washed, trimmed & halved lengthwise|
|Red wine||150 Milliliter (1 Glass)|
1) Wash the leeks in cold, running water and cut them in half along the length.
2) In a large fry pan, heat up oil. Place the whole leeks side by side. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Cook them until the leeks turn brown.
3) Pour in wine and let it boil for couple of minutes.
4) Reduce heat and cover the pan with a lid. Cook until the leeks get tender. You may add more wine if required.
5) Garnish with chopped parsley to serve.
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 651.2 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.2%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.2%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 243.8% Vitamin C 144%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 84%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet