1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut leeks into 2 inch length.
3. Slice carrot into thin ovals.
4. Slice turnips.
5. Chop onions.
6. Into a large saucepan of boiling water, place the leeks, cover and let cool down.
7. In a oven dish, heat oil on stovetop and sauté onion, carrots and turnips until just soft.
8. Place the drained leeks on top and season with salt and pepper.
9. Add chopped herbs and add the water from leeks until leeks are covered.
10. Cover the dish with a lid and let bake for about 25 minutes until they are soft.
11. Serve freshly prepared braised leeks as a side dish.
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 66.4 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 85.4% Vitamin C 33.1%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet