Sweet Potato Cheesecake
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 0.25 Ounce Each)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream cheese package||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Cooked, mashed sweet potatoes||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Take a bowl and mix butter with some Graham’s cracker crumbs
2) Take a 9-inch spring form pan and press the cracker mixture at the bottom and upto 1 ½ inch side of the pan.
3) Chill it properly.
4) Take a double boiler and soften some gelatin in cold water atop it.
5) Add the milk, egg yolks, salt and sugar to it.
6) Boil the water after placing the mixture on top.
7) Decrease the heat slightly and continue cooking, stirring all the while until it thickens.
8) Add the sweet potatoes and cream cheese and beat it to a smooth mixture.
9) Stiffen egg whites by beating them.
10) Fold in the whipped cream, orange rind, egg whites and vanilla into the sweet potato-cream cheese mixture.
11) Place it in the prepared pan.
12) Set it by keeping it refrigerated.
13) Remove the sides from the spring form pan before serving it.