Leek and Herb Stuffed Jackets
|Leeks||2 , sliced|
|Baking potatoes||4 , pricked with a fork|
|Regular garlic herb cheese||150 Gram (Use Soft Cheese Variety, From A Tub)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use A Small Handful)|
1) Pre-heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas mark 7.
2) In a microwaveable bowl, add in the leeks with a little water. Microwave the dish on High for 3 minutes. Take it out and set it aside.
3) Next, microwave the potatoes on High for 10 to 15 minutes, once turning halfway through cooking. Take it out and allow to cool enough to touch and handle.
4) Once moderately cooled, cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Scoop out the flesh of the potatoes, leaving the skins intact.
5) Add the potato flesh, leeks, soft cheese, egg and parsley into a bowl.
6) Mash them well and fill the mix back into the potato skins.
7) In a baking tray, place the refilled potato cases and bake for 15 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the filling is golden brown.
8) Serve deliciously hot with a tomato and baby leaf salad.
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g83.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg61.7%
Sodium 685.3 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 75.2% Vitamin C 80.7%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 40.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet