Sweet Potato And Leek Patties
|Sweet potato||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Leeks||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ginger root piece||2 Inch, finely chopped|
|Sweetcorn||7 Ounce, drained (200 Gram)|
|Low fat fromage frais||2 Tablespoon (Natural Unsweetened Yogurt)|
|Wholemeal flour||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|For ginger sauce|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon (Superfine Sugar)|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and chopped|
|Fresh root ginger piece||1 Inch, cut into thin strips|
|Ginger wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||4 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon (Or Cornstarch)|
1) Preheat the grill or broiler to medium.
2) Peel and cut the potatoes and into 3/4 inch thick pieces.
3) In a pan with water, place the potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes. Drain well and mash, then keep aside to cool.
4) Saute the leeks, garlic and ginger in 2 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes. Then stir the leek mixture into the potato with the sweetcorn, seasoning and fromage frais.
5) Mix well and shape into 8 patties then coat with the flour. Allow to chill for 30 minutes.
6) Place the patties on a broiler rack, brush evenly with the oil. Then grill for 5 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove and drain on a kitchen paper.
7) In a pan, combine the vinegar, sugar, chilli and ginger in a pan. Allow to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the ginger wine.
8) Dissolve the cornstarch in the stock and stir into the sauce, then heat thoroughly until thickened.
9) Place the patties on the serving plates, spoon over the sauce and serve immediately.
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 140.1 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 337.9% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet