Chicken Pie With Sweet Potato Crust
|Cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Diced cooked carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White onions||6 Small, cooked|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Set the oven at 350 degrees.
2) Stir the milk to the chicken broth.
3) Into a bowl, sift together baking powder and the remaining flour, mixed with the rest of the salt.
4) To it, mix the egg, potatoes and butter.
5) Roll out the dough on a floured surface.
6) In a saucepan, add a quarter cup of flour and gradually, pour the milk mixture to it.
7) Cook the mixture over low heat with constant stirring until the entire mixture thickens.
8) Add a seasoning of salt and pepper.
9) In a casserole, alternately layer the chicken, then the carrots, followed by onions and finally, the parsley.
10) Pour the cooked mixture over the chicken casserole mixture.
11) Use the rolled out dough to cover the chicken mixture.
12) Bake for around 40 minutes.
13) Serve the dish hot with chips.