Coconut Carrot Cake
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Powdered sugar||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs), sifted|
1. Prepare by preheating the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease three 9-inch cake tins with butter and dust it with flour.
3. Line the bottom of the tins with a piece of butter paper.
4. In a large bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
5. Stir in nuts and raisins and set aside.
6. In a large basin, stir sugar with oil.
7. Gradually beat in eggs, one at a time, into the sugar mixture.
8. Fold in the flour mixture, a little at a time using a spatula.
9. Lightly stir in the grated carrots and flaked coconut
10. Pour batter to prepared cake tins.
11. Place the tins on the middle level of the preheated oven.
12. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and springy to touch. The cake will leave the sides of the pan.
13. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes.
14. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
15. To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
16. Place one cake on a cake stand or flat plate.
17. Sandwich the cake with the frosting.
18. Repeat with second and third layer.
19. Frost the top and sides of the cake.
20. Place cake in the refrigerator until serving.
21. Slice cake at the table
Calories 1636 Calories from Fat 784
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.2%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.6 mg60.9%
Sodium 868.7 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 161.9 g
Protein 12 g24.4%
Vitamin A 155.5% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet