Crisp-Fried Baby Potatoes
|Baby potatoes||1 Kilogram|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. Boil the potatoes in their jackets in salted water for10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain in a colander and allow them to cool slightly.
3. Peel while still warm.
4. Using a paring knife, make slashes on both sides of the potatoes.
5. Season them with salt and pepper and keep aside until ready to make.
6. In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium high flame.
7. When the oil is hot, add half the potatoes and fry them until crisp and evenly browned.
8. Using a slotted spoon, remove onto into oven proof dish.
9. Fry the over half.
10. Cover the dish with foil and place in a warm oven to keep the potatoes warm and crisp until ready to be served.
Calories 1157 Calories from Fat 1013
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.2%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 797.8 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 53.3%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet