Mixed Vegetable Curry (Drumstick, Potato & Brinjal Gravy)
|Drumstick||1 , cut in to 1 inch pieces|
|Potato||2 , cut into pieces|
|Brinjal||1 , cut into pieces|
|Tomato||3 , finely chopped|
|Onion||4 , finely chopped|
|Green chilly||2 , slit lengthwise|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), finely chopped|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Inch, finely chopped|
|Turmeric powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
|Fennel seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (To grind:)|
|Cashewnuts||6 (Soak in milk for 15 mins)|
1. Grind the coconut and cashew in to fine paste.
2. Powder the cinnamon, cloves adn fennel seeds and keep aside.
2. Boil water with 2 tsp salt, add the drumsticks and cook covered for 15mins.
3. Drain the cooked drumsticks and save the stock.
4. Heat butter and oil in kadai, add the powdered spices. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, green chilly and curry leaves. Saute till transaparent.
5. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, salt and saute till the oil comes out.
6. Now add the potatoes and brinjal, the drumstick stock and mix well. Cover and cook for 15mins.
7. When the potatoes are well cooked, add the coconut, cashew paste and drumsticks. Sprinkle the garam masala powder and pepper powder and cook till the curry is thick with the oil floating on top.
8. Garnish with cilantro.
Tastes great with white plain rice.