Cheese And Spinach Rissoles
|Frozen chopped spinach||225 Gram|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||75 Gram|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry egg powder||45 Milliliter|
|Dried breadcrumbs||50 Gram|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Place the spinach in a saucepan and heat gently until thawed, stirring occasionally. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook gently for about 4 minutes until fairly dry. Place in a sieve and press out all the moisture.
2. Turn the spinach into a bowl and add the butter, breadcrumbs and cheese. Add a pinch of nutmeg and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Blend the dried egg and water to a smooth cream. Add half to the spinach mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
4. Turn the spinach mixture on to a floured surface and shape into 6 rissoles. Dip each rissole into the reserved egg and then in dried breadcrumbs.
5. Heat about 5 mm/1/4 in of oil in a large frying pan and fry the rissoles until golden brown on all sides. Serve hot with mashed potato.