Roasted Quince, Fennel, Tangerine and Parsnip over a Honey-Baked Salmon Filet
|For roasted vegetables and fruits|
|Quince||1 Medium, cored and cut in 1/2" chunks|
|Fennel bulb||1 , sliced roughly|
|Tangerine||2 Medium (you can use orange or lemon)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Fresh rosemary/Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Salmon filet||1 Medium|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Using a sharp knife cut the tangerine in half and then slice each half in ¼ inch slices.
3. Cut parsnip into half lengthwise and then roughly chop them.
4. In aluminium foil lined baking sheet, place fennel, tangerines, parsnip and quince, and spread in single layer.
5. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive and sprinkle sea salt. pepper and rosemary on top and stir to coat the vegetables.
6. Cover the vegetable and fruits with aluminium foil on the top and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and roast for more 20 minutes.
8. In aluminium foil lined baking sheet, place the salmon fillet and sprinkle it with remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and honey on each side.
9. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with fork.
10. Serve the salmon with the side of roasted vegetables and fruits.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1605 Calories from Fat 703
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g122.1%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 232.5 mg77.5%
Sodium 551.4 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g46.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.1%
Sugars 52.9 g
Protein 99 g197.9%
Vitamin A 38.3% Vitamin C 246.4%
Calcium 38.5% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet