How To Cook Leeks
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. First, cut the dark part of the leek and discard. Make sure to rinse the leeks beforehand.
2. Cut off a quarter inch from the bottom.
3. Slice the leek in half. Notice how there are many layers in a leek.
4. Wash it thoroughly because some dirt may still be hidden inside.
5. Cut the leek into tiny pieces. You could also cut it lengthwise or mince it as well.
6. Put the leek into a bowl and prepare it for cooking.
7. Cut the remaining part of the leek into pieces.
8. Heat about 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet. Make sure that the surface is covered.
9. Put about 1 teaspoon of minced garlic in the skillet. You could use fresh garlic of pre-minced garlic. The chef uses Lee Kum Kee’s minced garlic. Stir the garlic around.
10. Put the leek pieces into the skillet. Combine well with the garlic.
11. Make sure the heat is on medium to low because you don’t want to over-burn the leeks.
12. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Stir well.
13. Place the cooked leek on a plate. Enjoy!