This twice baked sweet potato recipe is so simple and extremely versatile. Keep it simple by just adding butter, or go all out and turn them into serving sized sweet potato casseroles. The sweetness of twice baked sweet potatoes pair up so well with so many dishes, making it a perfect side dish to balance out a flavorful meal.
1 Tablespoon, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash and clean the sweet potato. Using a fork, poke holes into them.
3. Brush them with Crisco all over.
4. Bake the sweet potatoes for around 45 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool until it can be handled.
6. Cut the baked sweet potato lengthwise.
7. Scoop out the soft flesh into a bowl, leaving about ½ inch with the peel to form a cup.
8. Mash the scooped flesh till creamy.
9. Add cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix them well till combined.
10. Fill them into the sweet potato peels and top with chopped pecans/ walnuts.
11. Put them back in the oven till heated through.
12. In a serving plate, garnish with butter and brown sugar and serve the sweet potato with choice of main dish.
Classic but different. This video prepares double baked sweet potato with yummy cream cheese filling. This is a sure winner and not difficult to make. Very flavorful, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, these can be an ideal accompaniment with steak.