Sweet Potato Hot Pot
|Sweet potatoes||450 Gram|
1. Parboil sweet potatoes in jackets.
2. Peel and cut into roundels.
3. Peel and dice carrots, onions and turnip; shell peas.
4. Arrange vegetables in layers in a hot pot dish or casserole, keeping a layer of sweet potato for top.
5. Dot with butter. Add stock mixed with seasoning.
6. Cover with a greased paper or lid.
7. Cook in a moderate oven until vegetables are tender.
8. Remove paper and brush potato with a little melted butter.
9. Brown the top in a hot oven. Garnish with chopped parsley.
10. Serve with a folded napkin pinned round the dish in which it was cooked.