Mixed Vegetable Relish
|Mixed vegetables||1 Kilogram (Cauliflower, Carrot, Peas, Beans, Onions And Sweet Corn)|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cornflour||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Tie in a spice bag:|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilies||2 , cut|
|Cinnamon piece||1⁄2 Inch|
|Cloves||2 , roughly powdered|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash the vegetables. Break the cauliflower into small florets, shell the peas, and chop the onions, carrots and beans. Put all of these into a large bowl, add enough water and salt, and leave overnight.
2. Next day drain all the salt water, and spread on a towel or cloth to remove all moisture.
3. In a thick-bottomed pan pour in the vinegar, add the brown sugar and spice bag, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the vegetables, cook a further 15 minutes on low heat, then raise the heat, and boil for about 5-8 minutes. Remove the bag.
5. Mix the cornflour with water to a paste, add to pan, and cook for another five minutes. Remove from fire, and pour into hot sterilised jars.