|Whole meal rolls||10 , split|
|For mixed vegetable patties|
|Broccoli||1 Pound, chopped (500 Gram)|
|Zucchini||1 Pound, chopped (500 Gram, Courgettes)|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, chopped (250 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried bread crumbs||6 Ounce (3 Cups, 185 Gram)|
|Flour||2 Ounce, sifted (1/2 Cup, 60 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For spicy tomato sauce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh red chilies||1 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, mashed (440 Gram, Undrained)|
1. To make patties, boil, steam or microwave broccoli, zucchini (courgettes) and carrots until tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water and pat dry.
2. Place broccoli, zucchini (courgettes), carrots, onions, garlic and parsley in a food processor and process until pureed. Transfer vegetable mixture to a mixing bowl, add bread crumbs and flour, season with black pepper and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Shape mixture into ten patties. Place on a tray lined with nonstick baking paper, cover and refrigerate until required.
4. To make sauce, heat oil in a saucepan and cook onion, garlic, chilli and green pepper for 5 minutes or until onion and green pepper are soft. Add tomatoes, bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste with black pepper.
5. Preheat barbecue to a medium heat. Cook patties on lightly oiled barbecue plate (griddle) or in a lightly oiled frying pan on barbecue for 3-4 minutes each side. Toast rolls on barbecue. Place a lettuce leaf a pattie, and a spoonful of sauce on the bottom half of each roll, top with remaining roll half and serve immediately.