Simla Mirch Masala Sabji - Capsicum or Bell Pepper Stir Fry
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Bell peppers||3 Medium, cubed (Red, yellow and green bell pepper each used)|
|Gram flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour/Jowar flour||3 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed peanuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a round bottomed pan and heat some olive oil in it. Add the cumin seeds and when they crackle add the bell peppers. Stir and let it cook for a few minutes on medium heat.
2. After 5 minutes, add the gram flour and the jowar flour. (Either both or just one of the flours can be used). Stir well.
3. Add the sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, salt, sugar and curry powder. Finally squeeze the juice form half a lemon into the capsicum mixture and stir well for a few minutes.
4. If the vegetable looks a little dry , you can sprinkle a little water if needed at this point. Stir for a minute and once the bell peppers are done turn off the heat.
5. Serve warm with roti or rice.
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 150.7 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 202.8%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet