In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Grilled Summer Vegetables. I chose to use yellow and zucchini squash, along with some red bell pepper. You may vary the vegetables to your liking, but they should be fairly equally sized and have flavors and textures that blend well.
Red bell pepper
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon (as needed)
White sugar/Brown sugar
1. Wash zucchini, yellow squash and the red bell pepper. Pat them dry with paper towel.
2. Slice the zucchini and yellow squash into circles or diagonal slices, about 1/2 to 5/8 inch wide.
3. Remove the seeds and flesh from the inside of the red bell pepper, and cut into large, equally-sized sections.
4. Into a dish, place the vegetables and season with fresh black pepper.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the top, and mix to coat well. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and set aside until you are ready to put them on the grill.
6. When you are ready to grill the vegetables, place them over medium heat for 7 or 8 minutes, turning once to get grill marks.
7. When they are done to your liking, place them in a dish, and sprinkle a small amount of salt and sugar over the top. Stir to coat all vegetables, and then place in a nice serving dish.
A bright platter of grilled veggie makes for an excellent addition to your summer platter. Just pick your favorite summer vegetable, fire up the grill, master the few techniques and you have a crunchy, fresh, mouthwatering summer veggie dish. Watch the video recipe to master the dish and keep your taste buds fired up all summer long.