Sweet Potato Biscuit
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Mashed cooked sweet potatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 450° F. Grease a baking pan with butter or margarine. Sprinkle the bread board lightly with flour.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
3. Combine the sweet potatoes and butter or margarine and beat thoroughly. Stir in the milk and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the potato mixture and stir until well blended.
4. Turn out onto the board and pat the surface smooth. Roll out lightly 1/2-inch thick and cut out with a lightly floured biscuit cutter.
5. Place the biscuits in the greased baking pan. Bake about 15 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1344 Calories from Fat 556
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97%
Saturated Fat 38.5 g192.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.4 mg54.5%
Sodium 2753.9 mg114.7%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g57.1%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 36.9 g
Protein 24 g48.6%
Vitamin A 267.8% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 173.8% Iron 53.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet