How to make Grilled Garden Vegetables
|Lemon juice||1 , cut into wedges|
|Fennel bulbs||3 , trimmed and quartered|
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm), ends trimmed|
|Zucchini||3 , ends trimmed and cut into 1/3 in. strips|
|Onion||1 , cut into 1/2' wedges|
|Pepper||1 , cleaned and quartered|
|Mushrooms||1 Ounce, trimmed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Salt||To Taste, divided|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||To Taste, divided|
1. Trim the tops of the artichokes, remove the outer leaves, cut the stem away and then rub with a lemon wedge. Cut the artichokes in half, remove the choke and quarter. Add to a bowl of acidulated water.
2. Preheat the grill to high.
3. In a large pot pour in the water and bring to a boil. Add in 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, followed by artichokes, simmer for 7 minutes.
4. Add in the fennel bulbs and the baby carrots to the pot. Cook until tender, for 4 minutes.
5. Add in the asparagus, zucchini, onion, pepper, and mushrooms to a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt, garlic and black pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
6. Remove the parboiled vegetables from the pot and add to the baking dish. Again, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, tossing to coat the vegetables evenly with the mixture.
7. Grill all the vegetables on both sides until tender for 12 minutes.
8. Serve Grilled vegetables with BBQ Sauce.