Sautéed Haricots Verts With Baby Red Potatoes And Lemon Zest
|Baby red potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Haricots verts/Green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Medium, julienned|
|Sea salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
1. Wash and clean the baby potatoes leave it whole and unpeeled.
2. Trim the stems ends of the haricots and cut it in half diagonally, set aside.
3. Peel the zest from the lemon and cut them into julienne strips, set aside.
4. In a pot of water place the potatoes and boil them over medium high heat for 10-14 minutes or until fork tender.
5. Fill a large bowl with cold water and add ice cubes.
6. In a large pot, prepare 8 quart boiling water add salt, add the beans in the pot for 3 minutes.
7. Remove using a slotted spoon and put it in the ice water bath, remove and then place it on a paper towel lined bowl.
8. Once the potatoes are done slice then in wedges about ½ inch wedges.
9. Preheat the skillet add butter and olive oil, melt the butter and add the potatoes and coat it well, sauté for 2-3 minutes undisturbed,.
10. Continue this step for couple of times until the potatoes have browned from all sides, in total 6-7 minutes.
11. Add lemon zest and continue tossing, let the lemon zest become crispy and brown.
12. Add the green beans and toss, continue to sauté for 1 minute, sprinkle sea salt and black pepper, give a final toss and turn off the heat.
13. Serve the Sautéed Haricots Verts with Baby Red Potatoes along with your roasted chicken.
If you add salt in the water it will be less soluble and it will keep the nutrients intact in the vegetables.
8 quart pot