Cockles With Shallots
|Cockles||6 1⁄2 Pound (3 Liter)|
|Double cream||50 Milliliter (3 Large Tablespoon)|
|Wine vinegar||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Parsley sprigs||10 , roughly chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (10 Gram)|
1. Wash the cockles in water mixed with 30 ml (2 tbls) vinegar, then rinse in water, rubbing them together in your hands. Drain.
2. Peel the shallots and chop roughly. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the shallots, moistening with a little hot water. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the cockles in a saucepan over a high heat for approximately 10 minutes until they open, shaking the pan from time to time. Remove from heat. Keep 45 ml (3 tbls) of the juice.
4. Add 15 ml (1 tbls) vinegar to the shallots. Cook for 1 minute, add the cream, season with pepper, and leave the sauce to boil for a few minutes, then add the cockle juice. Mix well and remove from the heat.
5. Place the cockles in a dish, pour the sauce over them and sprinkle with parsley. Serve at once.