|Drumsticks||15 (Good Pulpy Variety)|
|Curry leaves sprig||2|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tamarind ball||1 Large (A Big Lemon-Sized Ball Of Tamarind)|
|Chilly powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida||1 Pinch (A Small Bit Of Asafoetida)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash and cut the drumsticks into 3" pieces, add some water and cook until soft. Scoop out the pulp and set aside.
2. Boil the tamarind in a little water, take out thick pulp, and set aside.
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil, and fry the fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. Remove from kadai, cool, powder, and set aside.
4. Heat the rest of the oil, add the mustard and when done, add the curry leaves and drumstick pulp along with the turmeric. Fry on low heat until the oil surfaces.
5. Add the tamarind pulp, chilly powder, salt and jaggery, and simmer on low heat until a chutney consistency is reached. Add the prepared powder mix.
6. Remove from fire, cool and bottle. Refrigerated, it will keep a couple of months.