Grilled Vegetable Terrine
|Red peppers||2 Large, quartered, cored and seeded|
|Yellow peppers||2 Large, quartered, cored and seeded|
|Aubergine||1 Large, sliced lengthways|
|Courgettes||2 Large, sliced lengthways|
|Olive oil||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon)|
|Red onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Raisins||3 Ounce (75 Grams Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Red wine vinegar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Tomato juice||14 Fluid Ounce (400 Milliliter Or 1 2/3 Cup)|
|Gelatin powder||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams Or 2 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh basil leaves||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Place the prepared red and yellow peppers skin side up under a hot grill and cook until the skins are blackened. Transfer to a bowl and cover with a plate. Leave to cool.
2. Arrange the aubergine and courgette slices on separate baking sheets. Brush them with a little oil and cook under the grill, turning occasionally, until tender and golden.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan, and add the sliced onion, raisins, tomato puree and red wine vinegar. Cook gently until soft and syrupy. Leave to cool in the frying pan.
4. Line a 1.75 litre / 3 pint / 7 1/2 cup terrine with clear film, (it helps to lightly oil the terrine first) leaving a little hanging over the sides.
5. Pour half the tomato juice into a saucepan, and sprinkle with the gelatine. Dissolve gently over a low heat, stirring.
6. Place a layer of red peppers in the bottom of the terrine, and pour in enough of the tomato juice with gelatine to cover. Continue layering the aubergine, courgettes, yellow peppers and onion mixture, finishing with another layer of red peppers. Pour tomato juice over each layer of vegetables.
7. Add the remaining tomato juice to any left in the pan, and pour into the terrine. Give it a sharp tap, to disperse the juice. Cover the terrine and chill until set.
8. To make the dressing, whisk together the oil and vinegar, and season. Turn out the terrine and remove the clear film. Serve in thick slices, drizzled with dressing. Garnish with basil leaves.
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 37.7 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.8%
Sugars 29.5 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 57.8% Vitamin C 423%
Calcium 8% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet