Frenched Beans with Celery
|Fresh green beans||3⁄4 Pound|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Toasted sunflower kernels||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Carrot slices||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Place beans in colander; rinse well. To prepare beans, snap off stem end from each bean, pulling strings down to remove if present. (Young tender beans may have no strings.)
2. Slice beans lengthwise; set aside.
3. To prepare celery, trim stem end and leaves from ribs. Reserve leaves for garnish, if desired. Slice ribs thin on the diagonal.
4. Bring 1 inch of water in 2-quart saucepan to a boil over high heat. Add beans and celery. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender; drain.
5. Toss beans and celery with butter. Transfer to warm serving dish. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 27.4 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet