Southern Fried Chicken Drumsticks
|Chicken drumsticks||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Flour||6 Fluid Ounce (1 1/2 Cups, 180 Gram)|
|Milk||3 Fluid Ounce (1/3 Cup, 80 Milliliter)|
|Canola oil||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup, 120 Milliliter)|
1. Rinse drumsticks and pat dry with paper towel. Smooth skin over the drumsticks.
2. Mix flour, salt and pepper (a), place on paper-lined, flat plate. Beat eggs and milk well together in a deep plate.
3. Dip the drumsticks in the flour (b) then into the egg, turning to coat both sides. Place again in the flour, lift end of paper to toss flour over drumstick and roll in flour until well covered. Place in single layer on a clean, flat tray.
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add drumsticks and fry a few minutes on each side (c) until just beginning to color. Reduce heat, place a lid on the pan and cook slowly for 20 minutes, turning chicken after 10 minutes (d).
5. Remove lid and increase heat, continue cooking until golden brown and crisp, turning frequently. Remove from pan, drain on paper towels (e). Serve hot with vegetable accompaniments.