1. Peel and quarter 6 North Carolina sweet potatoes.
2. Place in a large saucepan with few sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
3. Add 5 whole garlic cloves, a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper.
4. Add 6 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for 15- 18 minutes.
6. Dry excess liquid from the potatoes.
7. Mash lightly with a fork.
8. Add 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream and 1 ½ cup fat free milk.
9. Cream with a hand mixture on low speed leaving the potatoes slightly chunky.
If you haven't tasted garlic mashed sweet potatoes yet, then you have been surely living in a cave. Creamy, garlicky sweet mashed potatoes will be a great accompaniment to any dinner you make. Besides, it's so quick and easy and is likely to be a sure hit on your dinner table. Stream the video to learn all about sweet potatoes and how to make garlic mashed potatoes at home.