1. Peel and quarter 6 North Carolina sweet potatoes.
2. Place in a large saucepan with few sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
3. Add 5 whole garlic cloves, a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper.
4. Add 6 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for 15- 18 minutes.
6. Dry excess liquid from the potatoes.
7. Mash lightly with a fork.
8. Add 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream and 1 ½ cup fat free milk.
9. Cream with a hand mixture on low speed leaving the potatoes slightly chunky.
If you haven't tasted garlic mashed sweet potatoes yet, then you have been surely living in a cave. Creamy, garlicky sweet mashed potatoes will be a great accompaniment to any dinner you make. Besides, it's so quick and easy and is likely to be a sure hit on your dinner table. Stream the video to learn all about sweet potatoes and how to make garlic mashed potatoes at home.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Garlic Flavor Recipe Video