Chargrilled Lamb with Mint Pesto and Creamy Potatoes
|Lamb backstraps||1 Pound (4 Pieces, 450 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, thinly sliced (500 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄3 Ounce, grated (1/3 Cup, 40 Gram)|
|Cream||8 Fluid Ounce (1 Cup, 250 Milliliter)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (Extra)|
|For mint pesto|
|Mint leaves||2 Ounce (1 Cup, 60 Gram)|
|Parsley leaves||1 Ounce (1/2 Cup, 30 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Pine nuts||3 Ounce, toasted (1/2 Cup, 90 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Pecorino cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (1/3 Cup, 85 Milliliter)|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Season lamb with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and set aside.
2. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with butter and arrange the potato slices in overlapping rows in the dish, seasoning between each layer with salt and pepper, garlic and nutmeg.
3. Mix the flour and Parmesan cheese into the cream and pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese then bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
4. To make the pesto: place the mint, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and cheeses in the bowl of a food processor, and process until finely chopped. Add the olive oil in a steady stream with the processor still running. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
5. Preheat the chargnll plate (or pan), and grease lightly with a little oil. Chargnll the lamb on both sides for approximately 5-10 minutes or until done to your liking.
6. Serve the lamb sliced diagonally, on a bed of creamy potatoes with the mint pesto.