In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make potato cakes quickly and simply. These are very easy to make and have that home-style taste!
Cold mashed potatoes
2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (or 1 prepared packet of instant mashed potatoes, any flavor--chilled)
1 , well beaten
All purpose flour/Self rising flour
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Chopped dried onions
1 Tablespoon (or peanut oil, canola oil, etc)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, beaten egg, flour, dried onions and parsley. Mix well.
2. Place a skillet on flame and heat olive oil in it. Watch the oil very carefully, and do not let it smoke.
3. Spoon a portion of the potato mixture into the hot oil until you fill the skillet. The oil should be hot enough for the cakes to sizzle nicely.
4. Smooth out each potato cake roughly into a circular shape. Cook until nice and brown. Flip and cook on the other side until done.
5. Remove cakes from the skillet and place them on paper towel to drain.
Need a hearty supper start for your weekend special dinner? Then this flavorful potato cake will surely shine. In this video, Betty gives a simple demo on how to make these quick and simple potato cakes. A great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes, this is one comfort meal that will surely appease Stream the video recipe to learn more about this dish.
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 93.2 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 5%
Vitamin C 70.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Betty's Simple And Savory Potato Cakes Recipe Video