Vegetarian Tex-Mex With Portobello Mushroom
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (With Jalapeno)|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned black beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned corn||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Tomato paste||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Portabella mushroom caps||2|
|Tortilla chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered garlic||To Taste|
1) In a pot, saute the green pepper and onion in olive oil over a medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
2) Stir in the tomatoes, black beans, dark kidney beans and tomato paste.
3) Season with chili powder, salt, powdered garlic and pepper to taste.
4) Stir occasionally and cook the mixture for about 18 minutes.
5) Brush the Portabella mushroom caps with a little olive oil and season them evenly with salt and pepper on both sides.
6) In a pan, drizzle in some olive oil, place the caps top side down and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
7) When the mushrooms are softened, flip them and cook them for another 3 to 5 minutes on the other side.
8) With 5 minutes left on the vegetable mixture, stir in the corn, mix thoroughly.
9) Spoon the chili into the mushroom caps and serve hot with tortilla chips.