Venison With Winter Vegetables
|Medium dry sherry||5 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Plum sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Venison cutlets||24 Ounce (4 Piece, 175 Gram Each)|
|Stock/Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Groundnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||4 , sliced|
|Carrots||3 , cut into strips|
|Parsnip||1 , cut into strips|
|Celery sticks||2 , sliced diagonally|
|Celery leaves||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. Mix the sherry, soy, hoisin and plum sauces, vinegar and ginger together, then rub well into the cutlets. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Drain, reserving the marinade.
2. Blend the marinade with the stock or water and cornflour; set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a wok, add the venison and cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove and set aside.
4. Add the vegetables to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the blended stock until thickened.
5. Return the cutlets to the wok, spoon over some of the sauce, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until tender. Garnish with celery leaves to serve.