Spicy Spinach And Potato Bake
|Fresh spinach leaves||1 Pound (fresh spinach leaves)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed seeds||1 Teaspoon, crushed (coriander seeds, mustard seeds, white cumin seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Red peppers||1 Medium, deseeded and sliced|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce, grated (grated)|
1. Unless you buy the ready-prepared type, wash the spinach thoroughly and cut off any extra-long stalks. Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices.
2. Blanch the spinach in boiling salted water for about 2 minutes. Drain, placing the spinach in a sieve to get rid of any excess water, and set aside.
3. Preheat a hot grill. Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan, throw in the mixed seeds and fry over moderate heat for about 30 seconds. Add the curry leaves and onion. Fry until the onion is soft and golden.
4. Reduce heat and add the chilli powder, ginger, garlic and salt to taste. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the potato and stir gently for a minute or so.
5. Next add the sliced red pepper and the spinach, cover the pan with a lid and cook over a low heat for 7-10 minutes, checking and stirring at least once. Try not to break the potato slices.
6. Once the potatoes are tender, transfer the contents of the pan to a heatproof dish and sprinkle with the fresh coriander and the mozzarella. Place under the hot grill and grill until the cheese has melted and is slightly browned.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1141 Calories from Fat 416
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.9%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.8 mg14.9%
Sodium 1229.3 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g51.8%
Dietary Fiber 30.3 g121%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 42 g84.5%
Vitamin A 987.6% Vitamin C 706.8%
Calcium 87.4% Iron 106.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet